These are the precautions I have worked out to ensure the German lessons will pose no threat to our wellbeing.
- I am providing masks (of the basic kind) and hand disinfectant both for you and me. There is no obligation to wear a mask.
- There is not going to be any physical contact, including handshakes.
- We are going to be sitting at opposite ends of the table.
- I am going to disinfect the table after every lesson.
- The lessons are very verbal and with little to none of my usual relaxing equipment like dice, cards and games. If we do use them, I will make sure to disinfect them also.
- Weather conditions and allergies permitting, the door is going to be open during lessons and break time.
- I am sending homework and teaching material via email (instead of handing out paper). I am asking students to bring a laptop, an iPad or something similar to the lessons in my classroom for us to share screen, if necessary.
I am doing my best to keep the lessons entertaining, even though these measures may sound a little grim.
If you welcome further safety measures, please do not hesitate to let me know and if it is within my powers, I will do my best to see to them.
Apart from teaching German, I also work as a night watch in an institution for elderly people with handicaps. Please help me protect them by adhering to the measures outlined above. Thank you.